Aldo Muzzarelli Curriculum
Venezuelan born Artist (1963). Holder of a Bachelor of Arts degree from the Central University of Venezuela, worked as an illustrator at the Inter-American Center of Languages (CIDI -Caracas) and was an animator on several films produced by the Film Department at the University of Los Andes. He served for several years as Director of Culture of his hometown and taught at training workshops in fine arts all around Venezuela. He performed specialized studies in Spain (Fresco Painting Techniques, Restoration of Paintings on Canvas, Stained Glass and Grisailles) and frequented the atelier of the great Venezuelan master Abdón Romero. In 2010, Aldo created several monumental works for the Cathedral of San Pedro in Caracas and he opened his own gallery in Tinaquillo. Muzzarelli has participated in individual and group exhibitions in Venezuela, The United States, Spain, and Italy; earning awards and recognition Artista Plástico y Licenciado en Artes egresado de la Universidad Central de Venezuela (Caracas).
EXPERIENCE, COURSES AND WORKSHOPS:
· Fresco Painting Techniques. School of Art and Antiques (Madrid – Spain).
· Workshop for Restoration of Painting on Canvas (BALAAM Institute. Barcelona – Spain).
· Classes at the Atelier of Master Abdón Romero (Miami, Florida – USA).
· Stained Glass Workshop. Escuela Nacional del Vidrio de la Real Fábrica de Cristales of La Granja. San Ildefonso (Segovia – Spain2011)
· Workshop on Pictorial Techniques Applied to Glass (Grisailles) (Barcelona – Spain2012).
· Participation on individual and group Art exhibitions(Venezuela, Spain, Italy, USA)
· Italian Language (CS ItaloVenezolano. Valencia - Venezuela).
· Workshop on Methodology for Teaching Visual Arts (Ateneo de Caracas).
· Workshop Making Cartoons (Dept. Film ULA).
· Workshop on Methodology for Teaching Visual Arts II (National Art Gallery, Caracas).
· English as a Second Language (Plymouth, Michigan - USA).
· Watercolor (Plymouth, Michigan - USA).
Director for the Culture department of the Autonomous Municipality Falcón (Cojedes State, VENEZUELA, 1993-1995).Competition organizerfor "A Shield for Tinaquillo". Creator of "First Contest for rapid painting of the Municipality". Professor for Drawing and Painting in the Workshops taught by the CONAC (1993-1995).Cartoonist Animator in movies made by the Film Department of ULA: "Bars" (directed by Jony Parra) and "Once Upon a Time" (directed by Roberto Siso, doubly awarded in Spain). Volunteer member for the Department of Education at the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA, Detroit - USA 1995).
Bachelor Degree of Arts - Universidad Central de Venezuela (UCV – Caracas).